CRE Terms Glossary
This is a glossary of terms related to the field of conflict resolution education. You'll find the terms followed by a short definition and any related terms that you might want to become familiar with. Another useful tool for understanding more general education-related terms is the ERIC thesaurus.
- Negative inner scripts
- internal negative conversations we imagine and rehearse about negative emotional experiences and interactions
- Neutral communication
- Defensive communication that makes it seem you are completely unconcerned and unaffected by the conflict. Suggests you don't care.
- In mediation, trying to make sure you do not take sides or have a vested interest in the conflict outcome
- Noncontact cultures
- cultures that prefer the visual mode of communication and have a greater need for individual space, e.g. North American, Asian, and Northern European nations
- Nonverbal communication
- communication without words