CRE Terms Glossary
This is a glossary of terms related to the field of conflict resolution education. You'll find the terms followed by a short definition and any related terms that you might want to become familiar with. Another useful tool for understanding more general education-related terms is the ERIC thesaurus.
- A style of conflict resolution in which one person gives in or accedes to the wishes of the other
- confirming behavior that indicates awareness of or interest in the other person's perceptions, comments, or questions
- Action-oriented listeners
- listeners who concentrate mostly on the task at hand and prefer to listen to people who present information in a logical and organized way
- Affect displays
- spontaneous facial expression of emotion