CRE Organizational Profile
School Mediation Associates
Type of Organization: Non-governmental - Profit
Home Country: United States
School Mediation Associates is based just outside Boston, Massachusetts in the United States. Our mission is to transform schools into safer, more caring, and more effective institutions. Through our work we:
* Encourage young people to become leaders in their schools
* Help students and educators see conflict as an opportunity for personal and institutional growth
* Teach students and educators the skills to resolve conflict non-violently and collaboratively
* Mediate challenging conflicts at educators’ requests
* Disseminate an approach to problem solving that values diversity and respects differences of opinion
* Provide educators with the knowledge, experience and the materials necessary to integrate collaborative conflict resolution processes into their professional practices, their curricula, and their personal lives.
Our monthly newsletter The School Mediator has online archives that go back to 2001.
Many people like our illustrated version of SMA’s 5-Stage Mediation Process.
Name: School Mediation Associates
Type: Non-governmental - Profit
134 Standish Road
Watertown, MA, 02472
Voice Phone: 1-617-926-0994 or 1-800-833-3318
Contact person: Richard Cohen
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to CRE Program Directory.