Conflict Resolution Day
Countdown: 0 day(s) and 0 hours until Conflict Resolution Day 2016!
In 2016, International Conflict Resolution Day will fall on October 20. It is always the third Thursday in October.
Celebrate Conflict Resolution Day - Promote the Poetry Contest
2015 Youth Poetry Contest
The Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR), the originators and promoters of CR Day, are again sponsoring a poetry contest on a conflict resolution theme. Students are invited to submit a poem on the theme of Building Peace. Poems can address the following topics:
- What is peace?
- Where is peace?
- How can I inspire peace?
- How can I build peace through conflict resolution?
Poems will be judged and Prizes awarded in three Grade Categories: 3-5th; 6-8th; and 9-12th
- 1st Place in each category wins $100
- 2nd Place in each category wins $75
- All Poems must be submitted in English Maximum of 20 Lines
- See full poetry contest rules here
- Share the 2015 Poetry contest flyer (in color). Grayscale version of flyer also available here.
- Go to Poem Submission Form page for full details.
Online Games Related to Conflict Resolution
In celebration of CR Day, we put together a fun set of online games with conflict resolution content appropriate for different age levels. Fun and educational too.
There is more information available about Conflict Resolution Day and the many opportunities that exist for participation. Visit the CRDay homepage http://goo.gl/JdanWP to view a sampling of what is happening this year in various places get posters and other planning materials that make it easy for you to participate at whatever level makes sense.