International CRE Summit 2016
NEW: 11th Intl Conference has been scheduled for March 16-19 2017 in Columbus, OH, USA. Get all the details at http://u.osu.edu/cre2017
International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE)
Building Stronger Communities Through Peace, Justice, and Security
June 8 – 13, 2016
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Wed & Thurs, June 8 - 9, 2016 Pre-Conference Trainings (View Summaries here)
Fri & Sat, June 10 - 11, 2016 Main Conference (Keynotes & Workshops)
Sun & Mon, June 12 - 13, 2016 Seminar for Colleges & Universities Developing Peace and Conflict Studies Programs. View overview here
Main Conference (June 10 – 11) Choose from 5 keynotes and 40+ workshops!
Keynote Speakers (View summaries here)
Full Day Pre-conference Trainings (June 8 – 9, 9AM – 5PM)
Choose from 14 Intensive One-Day and Two-Day Trainings. Download the Summaries here.
June 12 – 13, 2016 Seminar for Colleges and Universities Developing Peace and Conflict Studies Programs
Working group tailored for faculty, staff, and administrators who are working to enhance and/or develop their peace and conflict studies programs. View overview here.
Registration Information (Online Registration Now Open!)
- Conference Costs (.pdf) - Discounted rates available for college students with current I.D., Sponsoring Colleges/Universities, and High Schools, Workshop Presenters
- Overview of Conference Receptions, Evening Cultural Events, & Costs (.pdf)
- CR Educator Award Honoree Information (.pdf)
- Looking for Things to Do in the Columbus, Ohio area? See http://www.experiencecolumbus.com/
Travel, Parking, Event Location Information
- Map of The Ohio State University: https://www.osu.edu/map/
- Campus Map Clipping with Event Buildings Circled (.jpg)
- Parking Directions (.pdf)
- Shuttle Information (.pdf)
- June 8-9 Pre-Training Locations (.pdf)
- June 10-11 Main Conference Locations (.pdf)
- Campus Dining Locations (.pdf)
- Official Conference Hotel Information and Hotel Registration Details (.pdf)
Planning Committee and Event Sponsors
- Conference Planning Committee Roster (.pdf)
- Special thanks to our event Sponsors and Partners (.pdf).
Event Overview: The 2016 conference builds upon prior conferences in 2004 - 2015 in Ohio and Virginia, which brought together government representatives from among the 50 states and around the globe and their non-governmental organization partners who have legislation or policies in conflict resolution education and related fields. The annual audience includes college/university educators and students, K-12 educators, prevention specialists, and state, local, national and international policy makers. Conference and meeting publications from past conferences are available at: http://www.creducation.org/index.php/global_cre