International CRE Summit 2014
Developing & Implementing Culturally Inclusive Conflict Resolution Education Policies & Practices in K-12 & H.E.
June 11 – 16, 2014
Fairfax, Virginia, USA
- Short link to this page: http://creducation.org/cre/goto/creconf
- June 11 - 12 Pre-Conference Trainings (9AM-5PM each day)
- June 13 - 14 Main Conference (Keynotes and workshops)
- June 15 - 16 Seminar for Colleges & Universities Developing Peace and Conflict Studies Programs
- U.S. College/University Student Scholarships are available! Application Deadline April 15th. (Get application form below)
- June 2014 Conference Program (.pdf) (updated June 5th)
June 15th - 16th, 2014 Seminar for Colleges and Universities Developing Peace and Conflict Studies Programs
- Overview of Conference Receptions, Evening Cultural Events, and Costs (.pdf)
- Looking for Things to Do in the Washington, DC area? Click here.
- Map of George Mason University Center Campus - for Pre-Conference trainings, Main Conference keynotes & workshops & College & University Seminar
- Shuttle Service Schedule - TBD
- Hotel Information - The Mason Inn ($105 per night plus tax) & the Best Western ($79 per night plus tax) will be the official conference hotels. More lodging information available here. (.pdf)
- Conference Costs (.pdf) - Discounted rates available for college students with valid I.D. and workshop presenters.
- Register for the Conference (online)- Registration is now open! Discounts available through April 8th! Presenters and Students require a code in order to register and receive the reduced rates. Registration is non-refundable. You may substitute someone if you are not able to attend.
- Click here to Register! online.
Event Overview: George Mason University’s Undergraduate Program in Conflict Analysis and Resolution is partnering with schools, colleges, universities and governmental and non-governmental organizations around the globe to host the next International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE) June 11th - 16th, 2014 in Fairfax, Virginia. This year’s conference focuses on culturally inclusive CRE related policies and practices that are being applied at a local level, such as within individual schools, colleges , or universities, and at a more macro level, within countries.
The 2014 conference builds upon prior conferences in 2004 - 2013 in Ohio, which brought together government representatives from among the 50 states and around the globe and their non-governmental organization partners who have legislation or policies in conflict resolution education and related fields. The annual audience includes college/university educators and students, K-12 educators, prevention specialists, and state, local, national and international policy makers. Conference and meeting publications from 6 of the conferences are available at : http://www.creducation.org/cre/global_cre
This conference builds upon the following conferences and working group meetings:
- Inter-American Summit on CRE 2007,
- the International Summit on CRE, Youth and Conflict: Global Challenges – Local Strategies 2008,
- Collaboration across Fields: Implementation and Sustainability of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), CRE, Peace Education (PE), and Citizenship Education (CE) 2009,
- 3rd International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE), Building Infrastructures for Change: Innovations in Conflict Resolution Education (CRE) and Justice Initiatives (2009),
- Sustainable Regional Education Efforts for Safer More Inclusive Communities, Heredia, Costa Rica, 2010.
- 4th International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE), Building Infrastructures for Change: Innovations in Conflict Resolution Education (CRE) June 2010
- 5th International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE), Developing Global Citizens in Schools, Higher Education and the Community - March 2012
- 6th International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE), Bridging Cultures, Education for Global Citizenship and Civic Engagement - June 2013